- Removed from civilization– Komodo Resort is luxurious and offers all my creature comforts but when we are on the boat, or enjoying a sunset beer at the bar, we cannot see any other signs of man. The surrounding islands, as with many in the archipelago, are not inhabited and we can enjoy their natural beauty.
- The Komodo Dragons are truly living dinosaurs. Seeing them in their natural environment is always a delight.
- The reefs around Komodo are in amazing condition with almost no bleaching or damage from unsustainable fishing practices like dynamite fishing. Thus they are very colourful and teaming with life. On some dives it is hard to see the reef through the schools of fish.
- The currents can be very exciting and provide awesome opportunities for drift diving and for viewing pelagics that enjoy feeding in these conditions. I find this very exciting.
- Manta rays are very common in the area and who doesn’t love a manta ray encounter? Often seen in groups these majestic giants always take my breath away.
More information on Komodo please click here.