We loved it!
And we are in awe of you both. Here’s a list of the things we really appreciated –
1. Ben we think you did an amazing job with the organisation. To start the Novotel was perfect – it was clean, comfy, cool and friendly , the breakfast was superb and it took away all the hassles on our jet lagged arrival in Bali. Best view of a traffic control tower from any swimming pool we’ve seen and we had a lovely morning chilling by the pool and no worries about timing the journey back to the airport.
2. Komodo rekindled our love of dive holidays – absolutely a top class resort for the accommodation, food and service. The room was fantastic and small touches like the free mini bar were unexpected treats on top. We particularly loved the Indonesian food and were hugely impressed by the range on offer and liked the freedom to eat when we wanted
3. The dive boats are wonderful – loved the bean bags in the shade, the space and freedom to stand on the roof.
4. We realised Bernita had no responsibility for us – but none the less she was really friendly and we were hugely impressed with how she tried to get the very best diving experience for her people ( which we benefited from!). Thank you!
5. Diving was a bit mixed – some outstanding some a bit mediocre for Indonesia, and a little repetitive which reflected that we were diving with some new and fairly limited divers (who they looked after pretty well). Last day we went to one really fantastic site. But we have dived so much we are a little hard to please and a couple of the dives were top class. We would definitely go again, absolutely recommend it – and have some stunning photos and great GoPro footage (let us know if you want any of this).
6. The house reef is stunning – we swam it everyday and could have spent weeks snorkelling on it. On the last day Justin saw three mobulas in the blue. Definitely a big selling point.
7. Walking up the hill – to the very top was brilliant. The flying foxes also a wonderful experience. Komodo dragons interesting if a bit touristy
8. The D’Uma Bali was an absolute joy. We were the only people staying either there or in the bigger hotel and they treated us like royalty. We could choose where to eat and they drove us between the two for free when ever we wanted. They were amazing. Our room and the gardens were absolutely beautiful. It’s hot in the room but we slept with the doors open and nets down.
9. They undersell their programme. We asked to go cycling – ended up with mountain bikes, helmets, water, a local guide, a private car that drove behind us the whole way (!) , a trip to a agricultural centre with coffee tasting and snacks, drive into the mountains, three hours leisurely cycling mostly down hill, stops to chat to farmers, pop into people private homes to see what they were up to and then – at the end of all that a 3 course meal and swim at the hotel. For about £22 each. Amazing.
10. We also went with the guide Rocky to a local traditional market which was a great experience, we had a cooking lesson and they taught us how to make temple offerings with flowers and folding leaves – explaining what it all meant.
So very big thank you from two very happy customers.
Hopefully that’s helpful feedback – if you want to ask us anything specific please do!
Looking forward to our next adventure with you…0